Class E License for School Bus Training Toronto
Driving any bus, especially a school bus with kids, is definitely not an easy task. We, at S&A Sprint Driving School Inc., provide a meticulous training for driving a school bus to all those who aspire to become a successful bus driver in Canada.
Here is everything you would like to know about obtaining a license for bus training.
What is it called?
The license you require for driving a school bus is categorized into Class B and Class E license.
- Class B License:
It is mandatory for driving a school bus with more than 24 passenger seats. It permits you to operate other vehicles which fall under the classes C, D, E, F and G. However, it does allow motorcycle driving.
If you want to know more about obtaining a class B license, check out our page on BZ License Training.
- Class E License:
This allows you to drive a school bus with not more than 24 passenger seats. It also permits you to drive vehicles falling under the classes F and G. However, it does not allow you to ride a motorcycle.
Let us now get to know more about class E license.
What are the qualifications for class E license?
1) A person who wants to obtain a class B license must fulfill the following:
2) Age limit – 21 years and above
3) Previous license requirement, training and examination criteria:
- Must have a valid class G or higher license. Any other equivalent license issued in any province or Canadian territory is also considered to be valid.
- Must have completed a school bus driving course approved by the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) with a valid proof of completion.
- Pass a driver examination approved by MTO or acquire a competency certificate from a recognized authority by clearing a knowledge test, vision test, and a driving test. Must also fulfill the medical criteria.
4) Must possess a good knowledge of passenger safety and maintenance of all bus equipment.
5) Various other legal requirements are to be fulfilled as per the MTO standards.
How can you obtain a class E license?
- This is where we come into the picture! We will provide you with all the required materials and a scrupulous training to drive a bus.
- We will make sure that you meet all the requirements like, filling the appropriate forms, taking the medical and driving test, and so on.
- We will ensure that you pass the examination and obtain a valid class E license successfully.
About Our Course
Here are the details about the bus driving course we offer.
- Flexible timings according to your convenience
- One to one training
- Pre and post trip inspection procedures
- All the rules and regulations as per the Canadian Laws including safety rules
- Driving techniques including highway training
- Route scheduling and planning
- Passenger and emergency procedures
You may also refer to the official website of Ministry of Transportation, Ontario for the Bus Handbook.
In case of any queries or for more information on bus driving courses in Canada, do not hesitate to get in touch with us. You can call us at 416 222 4190. Our professionals will be happy to assist you.